“This Cheesy Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is deceptively simple and even tastier than you can imagine. Crimini mushrooms (also known as portabellini mushrooms) are stuffed with Cheddar cheese and bacon. This appetizer is an impressive and irresistible accompaniment to any meal.”
Prep: 15 m Cook: 15 m Ready In 30 m
Pin this recipe to save it in relevant boards, use the Pin button below and enjoy.
To make this Cheesy Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms, You’ll need the following Ingredients:
3 slices bacon
8 crimini mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, dice and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Remove from heat.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon and 1/2 cup Cheddar. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
6. Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
7. Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
8. Last step: Enjoy and don’t forget to share!