So easy, nutritious and hearty. Best of all, they don’t even taste “healthy”!
To compensate for all those non-diet-friendly recipes I started posting since the start of January – particularly that lemon butter chicken and the easy creamy mushrooms – I thought it would be best to redeem myself by rounding up some of my favorite quinoa recipes. After all, life is all about balance, right?
1. Quinoa Enchilada Casserole –
A lightened-up, healthy enchilada bake chockfull of quinoa, black beans and cheesy goodness.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (10-ounce) can Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8×8 or 2 quart baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with avocado and tomato, if desired.
Click ‘Next Page‘ if you want to see more recipes.