THIS BEEF ROAST IS THE BEST, WITH ONLY A FEW INGREDIENTS ITS COOKED TO PERFECTION IN THE SLOW COOKER FOR SEVERAL HOURS! ITS PERFECTLY TENDER, FALLS APART AND IS SO GREAT SERVED WITH POTATOES, CARROTS AND ONIONS ON THE SIDE!
One of the best comfort food meals in the world is a pot roast. A tender and fall aparty roast cooked all day in the slow cooker with carrots and potatoes, is serious perfection! This three envelope roast is so easy to make, with literally only seven ingredients (8 if you count water) and its the ultimate roast.
This three envelope roast got its name because for the seasoning you use three envelopes (or packets) or seasoning, first you’ll use one 0.87oz envelope of McCormick’s brown gravy mix, one 1.0 oz envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix, and one 0.7 oz envelope of Italian Salad Dressing Mix. Mix those three all together with 2 cups of warm water. Set aside for a minute. Peel and chop some carrots and potatoes into about an inch to an inch and a half sized pieces. About 2 1/2 to 3 cups of each, which was about 6 large carrots and 4 medium sized potatoes for me. Chop up about 1/2 of a large onion into the same sized pieces. Place your carrots, potatoes and onion in your slow cooker, top the vegetables with a 2-3 pound beef roast and pour your seasoning mixture over the top of everything. Cook on slow for 7-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
3 Envelope Roast
- 3 lb roast such as chuck roast
- 1 pkg dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 pkg dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 pkg dry brown gravy mix
- 1 c water
How to Make 3 Envelope Roast
- If desired brown outer edges of roast in pan, if not place in crock pot
- In a bowl mix water with 3 envelopes of mixes until well blended, pour over roast in crock pot. (If the mixes are too overwhelming use 1/2 of all packages)
- cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours