So incredibly easy to make and wonderfully delicious, these 30-Minute Dinner Rolls are the perfect addition to any meal!
There is truly no smell as amazing as fresh warm bread or rolls coming out of the oven! I remember coming home from school to the smell of freshly baked buns or bread, ready and waiting as the perfect after school snack! To this day when I smell fresh baking, I am immediately transported to that happy time and place of my childhood.
Fast forward to today with busy work schedules, running to kids activities and trying to simply keep up with life, it is difficult to put together a meal – let alone add on the extras!
This 30-Minute Dinner Roll recipe is wonderful because it is truly so easy to prepare, the buns take a short time to rise and the result is such a delicious treat that it is worth the extra effort! What a great side to enjoy with a hot and tasty bowl of soup or chili!
I love the convenience of buying dinner rolls from the store and the quality is very nice. In most cases however, store bought items have additives or preservatives in order to keep a longer shelf life. Making these homemade dinner rolls from scratch ensures that nothing is added except wholesome goodness! And these tasty little buns never last long enough to have to worry about shelf life!
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons WARM water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400
- In bowl of a standing mixer, combine the warm water, oil, yeast and sugar. Allow to rest 15 minutes.
- Mix 2 cups of the flour, salt and the egg to yeast mixture. Using dough hook.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour. 1/2 cup at a time.
- Spray pan with non stick spray.
- Shape dough into balls. Place in a 9×3 pan. Let rise 10 minutes.
- Bake 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown
Butter the rolls for a delicious side dish for your special dinner.