The well-loved blueberry muffin is a breakfast staple for good reason. We all love that moist and soft little cake with pops of blueberry sweetness throughout. There’s just nothing better than taking a bite of a warm blueberry muffin fresh out of the oven in the morning, after slathering it with some butter, of course. It’s a rustic and delicious American favorite and there’s no shortage of “favorite” recipes out there. Well, this is ours. And we think it will be your new favorite too.
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread starter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine starter, eggs, oil, milk, vanilla, and sugar, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until well incorporated. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups halfway with batter and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Adapted from The Friendship Bread Kitchen.