“Want to try a new and completely different potato salad? Then look no further. The ingredients – bok choy, cilantro, soy sauce and sesame oil – blend together beautifully to give a unique Asian slant to a potato salad.”
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 6 new red potatoes
- 1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped bok choy
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and chop into bite-size chunks.
- To make the dressing, mix together the mayonnaise, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, mustard powder, and salt.
- Combine the potatoes, bacon, bok choy, red pepper, green onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Pour over dressing and mix well. Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow flavors to blend, and serve.