Apple Pie Taquitos – crispy, sweet, and delicious, these taquitos are simple to make. All the makings of a great apple pie, in a fun taquito form. Genius!
Apple Pie Taquitos
Because it’s a weekday, let’s celebrate with something sweet, why not. And because these apple pie taquitos are so easy to make, that you can make them on a weekday, in the morning, after work, whatever strikes your fancy. But even better than that, these taquitos are so good, you’ll thank me.
I have to tell you, I had fun making these taquitos. They only require 5 simple ingredients; apple pie filling, sugar, cinnamon, butter and tortillas. All the makings of a great apple pie, but in an adorable taquito form. I have to admit the idea is simply genius.
What Are Taquitos?
It’s essentially just a rolled up taco, that’s it! You fill a tortilla with whatever filling your heart desires, roll it up and crisp it. I took some creative license today and stuffed these full of apple pie filling, we’re turning savory into sweet and believe me it’s beyond worth it.
I drizzled mine with some caramel sauce because that’s just how I roll. Not saying you need the caramel sauce, but I just think of ways to take something amazing and make them more decadent.
Baked Apple Taquitos. Easy recipe for an apple and caramel dessert, with cinnamon and sugar coating.Ingredients
- 12 Flour Tortillas
- 1 jar (5 oz.) Caramel Sauce
- 1 can (20 oz.) Apple Pie Filling diced
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 9×13″ dish and set aside.
- Combine Sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a shallow dish and mix well. Set aside.
- Dice apple pie filling into small size pieces.
- Microwave tortillas for 20 seconds to soften.
- Spread tortilla with thin layer of caramel sauce down the middle.
- Cover caramel with diced apple filling.
- Roll tortilla and place in prepared dish.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake for 15 minutes of until golden and bubbling on ends.