“A Midwestern favorite: cream cheese in wonton wrappers. The recipe dimensions are simple (1 wonton wrapper plus 1 teaspoon cream cheese) and can be easily altered. You can add chives, crab, and other kinds of cheese, just decrease the amount of cream cheese accordingly.”
- cooking spray
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon water, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lay wonton wrappers on prepared baking sheet. Place 1 teaspoon cream cheese in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Lightly brush edges of wonton wrappers with water and fold each wrapper in half to form a triangle. Press edges to seal. Fold the tips of each triangle up together so that they meet in above the center of the wonton and press tips together to seal. Spray assembled wontons with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until wontons are crispy and golden and the cream cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.