Back to Top
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat, if needed.
- Stir in beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cook 10 minutes. Stir in macaroni and continue simmering until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Adjust seasoning as needed and enjoy!