Sweet milk chocolate, crunchy pecans, and rich, buttery toffee – what’s not to love? This Better Than Anything Toffee is easy to make and makes the perfect treat OR gift year-round!
The holiday season marks my favorite time of year. If you hadn’t guessed already, I’m a leeetle obsessed with food. Making good food for my friends and family is my happy place. One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is make candy. I have a TON of candy recipes on my site. Some are super easy using only the microwave and a handful of ingredients like these M&Ms Marshmallow Dream Bars while others are more challenging but worth every second like these Buttermilk Pecan Pralines.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Spread the chopped pecans in a single layer on top of the parchment.
- Add butter, sugar, and salt to a heavy bottomed 3 quart pot
- Bring to a boil over medium low heat, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the candy is boiling, stir occasionally, slowly and evenly, until the candy has reached 290F to 300F, or “hard crack” on a candy thermometer.
- Once the candy has reached 290F-300F, remove from heat and gently stir in the vanilla extract.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the chopped pecans.
- Let the candy sit for a few minutes, undisturbed, before sprinkling the chocolate chips over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and let sit for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has softened.
- Remove the foil and gently spread the softened chocolate into an even layer. An offset spatula works best for this.
- Place the candy in the refrigerator and let cool completely. Give it at least 2 hours.
- Lift the parchment out of the baking dish and place the toffee on a cutting board or solid surface.
- Use a knife to gently break it into smaller pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.