This was a great addition to our Christmas meal. My daughter-in-law, who is a vegetarian, had 3 servings! The grand-kids may not have loved it, but they ate it, that’s a win! The adults asked me to keep this recipe for the future. I loved that it was truly homemade! Thank you!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 pound processed cheese food
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium pan, heat the water to the point of boiling. Blend in the rice, spread, and remove from heat. Let it stand for five minutes.
- In a 9 x 13-inch heating dish, blend the rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onion, and prepared cheddar.
- Prepare in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheddar is softened.
- This dish turned out nowhere close to tasteless!