Biscuits Swimming In Butter? Yes, Please.
Now, THIS is some serious comfort food! I could eat one of these buttery biscuits every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and be perfectly content for the rest of my life. You wouldn’t believe how good they are with a little jam or jelly spread over top.
BONUS: This recipe is surprisingly quick and easy, and with the exception of the buttermilk, it has super simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
This simple homemade recipe is TO DIE FOR! The butter makes these biscuits soft and moist on the inside, with a flaky crust on the outside. Add a little jam or jelly, and you’ve got heaven.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Next, add the buttermilk and mix all of the ingredients together until a moist dough is formed.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, and then pour it into an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish (make sure that your pan is not too small or shallow so that the butter doesn’t drip out of the pan while it’s baking).
- Place the dough right on top of the melted butter and use a spatula to spread it evenly across the pan until it touches the sides.
- Cut the unbaked dough (it should be swimming in butter at this point) into 9 evenish squares.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner! These biscuits are the perfect companion to any meal. I prefer to eat them with raspberry jam.