You know what’s better than taco night? We’ll tell you. It’s taco night without all the hassle of assembling things individually. Crumbly taco shells? Nah, we’re good. Taco meat that gets cold before your third taco?? (Because obviously you have to have at least three, that’s just what happens.) Uh, no. We took all the components of our favorite night of the week, taco night, and put everything into hearty casserole form. You’re welcome!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 3/4 cups biscuit mix or bisquick
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Black olives, sliced, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together until combined, then stir in biscuit mix, and salt and pepper, if using. Set aside.
- Season beef with salt and pepper, then cook until browned. Drain fat, then stir in taco seasoning.
- Place beef in an even layer in greased baking dish, then spread biscuit mix in an even layer on top of beef.
- Transfer baking dish to oven and bake until biscuit layer is golden brown, 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then spread sour cream on top of biscuits.
- Top with chopped lettuce, tomatoes and olives, if using, then sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Lil’ Luna