CHERRY CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE
Cherry Cheesecake Coffee Cake is a total dream dessert! Cheesecake is one of my all time favorites and the first dessert I always choose. There’s just something magical about that rich creamy base topped with a sweet tart cherry pie filling. This recipe adds in a delicious buttery coffee cake base under layers of cherry cheesecake and a little bit of streusel topping for a real taste of heaven!
FOR THE COFFEE CAKE:
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling (or any fruit pie filling, as long as it’s in syrup!)
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tsp. milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles, and set 4 aside for decoration.
- On a baking sheet, arrange the 12 triangles into a circle so that the longer points are in the center but do not meet. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 14-inch circle, pressing the seams together and leaving a 3-inch hole in the center.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth and creamy and then spread over dough. Leave about 1/2 inch uncovered at both edges of the dough. Top the whole thing with your pie filling.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut those 4 triangles you set aside earlier into thirds. Start at the wider end, as it’s easier to judge where your triangle should be cut. Arrange the strips evenly over the filling and press the ends to seal at the center and outer edges.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it’s golden brown. Then drizzle the glaze over the top!