Cracked Out Chicken Tater Tot Casserole – You must make this ASAP! It is crazy good. Chicken, cheddar, bacon, ranch, and tater tots. You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it or even freeze it for later. I usually bake half and freeze half in a foil pan for later. Everyone gobbled this up! Even the super picky eaters.
Stop what you are doing and add the ingredients for this “Cracked Out” Chicken Tater Tot Casserole to your grocery list. You must make this ASAP! It is crazy good. Chicken, cheddar, bacon, ranch and tater tots! I mean, what’s not to love?!?!
This casserole only takes a few minutes to put together. You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it or even freeze it for later. Since there are only two of us, I usually bake half and freeze half in a foil pan for later. I love being able to pull this casserole out of the freezer on a crazy busy day.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 16- oz sour cream
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1-oz) package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lb bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, sour cream, soup, Ranch mix, bacon and cheese. Fold in frozen tater tots. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until bubbly.
Can use turkey bacon.Can use low-fat sour cream.Can make casserole ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze for later.If baking immediately after removing from the refrigerator, you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time.To bake after freezing, thaw completely and bake as directed above.To rehead after freezing, thaw completely. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350ºF for 30 to 40 minutes, until heated through.Plain Chicken