Everyone should have a rich Chocolate Pound Cake in their recipe file, preferably right up front — this dark chocolate loaf cake is topped with a creamy chocolate ganache.CourseDessertCuisineAmericanPrep Time20 minutesCook Time50 minutesYield8 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Set oven to 325F
- Spray a standard 9×5 loaf pan and line it with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving the ends to hang long. This way you can lift the frosted cake out for cleaner cutting.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla and espresso powder.
- Whisk together the sour cream and milk.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl alternately with the wet, beginning and ending with dry. Blend only until mixed, don’t over beat.
- Turn the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread out evenly. Bake for about 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Check your cake on the early side to avoid over-cooking. Set aside to cool.
- To make the ganache topping, heat the cream to a simmer and remove from heat. Add the chocolate and let sit for a minute, then stir until everything is melted and glossy. Pour over the cooled cake and then let the ganache firm up in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- If you have used a parchment paper ‘sling’, gently pull the cake out of the pan to slice it.
If you like this recipe,You might also like:😍