These Christmas M&M cookie bars are gooey, soft loaded with M&M’s and chocolate chips. So easy to make and perfect for a cookie exchange or holiday party!
I love to bake all types of Christmas cookies during the holidays. There’s just something about baking on a cold winter day that is so cozy and comforting! These M&M bars are always on my list to bake, as well as ginger molasses cookies, snickerdoodles, rolo pretzel sandwiches and sugar cookies.
I’m excited to share these delicious M&M cookie bars with you today! They make the perfect treat for a cookie exchange or holiday party. They’re gooey, festive and filled with chocolate chips AND M&M’s! Plus they’re so easy to make, too!
Cookie bars have to be one of my favorites. I’ve made so many different versions, like sugar cookie bars, congo cookie bars, Oreo cookie bars and more. I have to say, this recipe is one of my favorites! I finally perfected them just in time for the holidays and trust me, you want to make them. They are so delicious!
1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (plus more for tops if desired)
- 1 cup M&M’s (plus more for tops if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. For thick bars, line a 9×13″ pan with foil. For thinner bars, line a 15×10″ pan. Leave an over hang for easy removal. Then spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir mixture just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s (saving about 1/4 cup for the top).
- Scoop cookie dough into the pan. Then place extra M&M’s and chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is barely golden brown. Allow to cool completely, then remove and slice.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.