Corn on the cob is a guaranteed crowd pleaser… but it’s not always so easy to make for a crowd. If you’ve got a bunch of people to feed, the corn alone can take up the entire grill or valuable space on the stovetop and that leaves you no room to make the rest of the meal. But it turns out there’s a method of cooking corn that solves that problem entirely… because you cook it in a cooler! Cooler Corn is the perfect way to make corn on the cob for a crowd (you can make as many as you can fit in your cooler) and it couldn’t be easier.
- 20 ears of corn, shucked
- Boiling water, enough to cover corn
- Butter and salt, for serving
- Line the bottom of a cooler with shucked ears of corn.
- Pour boiling water over corn, covering ears completely.
- Close lid of cooler, and let sit 30 minutes.
- Remove corn with tongs, and serve with butter and salt. Enjoy!
Video made by Suburban Wife City Life.