You’ve never made beef tips quite like this before!
Ladies and gentlemen, this here is the easiest beef tips recipe you’ll ever come across! It is also the tastiest. In just 5 ingredients and a crockpot, you’ll have dinner prepped in a few minutes. There’s a very special ingredient in this recipe that isn’t typical of beef tips. Can you guess what it is? Ok, ok, stop twisting my arm. I’ll tell you. LOL GINGER ALE! Yep, the soda pop. You won’t believe how yummy it makes this food.
I am so excited that I discovered the Making Memories With Your Kids food blog as that is where I found this amazing recipe for slow cooker beef tips hanging out.
Are you ready to learn how to make this marvelous recipe? Wait no longer! Hop on over to the next page and set your sights on the ingredients and instructions. Happy cooking!
- 5 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup beef tips and broth and ¾ cup brown rice
SLOW COOKER BEEF TIPS RECIPE
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut in strips, excess fat trimmed
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup dry red wine + splash for deglazing
- 2-½ cups fat free beef broth
- 2 tbsp corn starch + ¼ cup cold water, whisked together
- Place the onions and mushrooms into the bottom of a 4.5 quart slow cooker.
- Then, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Generously season the steak strips with salt and pepper and add them to the hot skillet, and sear the meat on all sides, about 3 minutes; do not cook through.
- Place the meat into the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
- Splash a couple tablespoons of red wine into the hot skillet and scrape the bottom to remove any browned meat bits. Add these to the crock pot.
- Season the beef with pepper a second time and add the Worcestershire sauce, red wine, and beef broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Uncover and slowly whisk in the cornstarch and water mixture. Cover and cook on high for another 45 minutes or until the gravy has thickened.
- Serve the beef tips over brown rice (shown), buttered egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
Nutritional Info :
- Calories: 370| Previous Points: 7 | Points Plus: 9 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 54 mg | Sodium: 430 mg | Carbohydrates: 44 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 28 g