Recipe By:Aurie McGoldrick
“These are light on curry but flavorful, and a nice change of pace when you’re tired of the same old cookout fare.”
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a large, shallow dish, mix the mayonnaise, garlic, curry powder, chili powder, and ginger. Place the chicken in the mixture, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
- Discard marinade, and thread chicken pieces and mushrooms onto skewers. In a saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers, turning often, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, toss together the tomato and onions. Serve the grilled chicken and mushrooms over rice. Top with the onions and tomatoes.