“This is my favorite way to prepare scallops. They’re so flavorful they don’t really need much more than a little butter and lemon. I like to serve them with a nice rice pilaf and vegetable.”
- 20 buttery round crackers, crushed
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Combine crushed crackers, black pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl. Press scallops into mixture so that they are evenly coated, and place them in the greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together melted butter, wine and lemon juice; drizzle mixture over scallops.
- Bake in preheated oven until scallops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley.