I was hoping to post these delicious delights yesterday because they would be perfect for a gameday Saturday! However, my husband and I are celebrating our birthdays (which are only 4 days apart) by spending the weekend in Auburn, the Loveliest Village on the Plains. So yesterday was a little crazy with travelling and tailgating and hanging out with old friends. It has been a really awesome weekend (even if my team did get completely blown out because this is the worst season we’ve had in my entire lifetime).
So, I’m sorry I didn’t post these yesterday, but these sausage biscuit bites are good any day of the week! These would make great party food because it’s a clean finger food and perfect for individual servings. It’s also a delicious and easy breakfast! You could make a big batch on the weekend and then have a quick, on-the-go breakfast for work each day!
I love how easy these were. Using the pre-made biscuit dough made things super quick. It took only a couple of minutes to prepare and then 10 minutes to bake. And it seems they were gone in minutes too!
- 2 (10 count) cans flaky biscuits (Grands Jr)
- 1 lb sausage (Tennessee Pride)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix uncooked sausage and cheese gently until well blended. Shape into 40 balls of equal size.
- Remove biscuits from cans and separate each biscuit into two layers, making 40 total biscuit layers.
- Press one layer of biscuit into cup of lightly greased mini-cupcake pan.
- Repeat with remaining layers.
- Place sausage-cheese ball in each biscuit cup.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until biscuits are browned and sausage balls are bubbly.