“This is a spicy but flavorful chili made with meat! Children may want to eat something else for dinner because this is just too spicy! Dollop some sour cream on top when serving to soften the blow to your tastebuds when you experience my chili masterpiece!”
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 quart water, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook beef until brown. Drain and return to pot. Stir in onions, bell peppers and jalapenos and cook until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste and kidney beans with their liquid.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the tomatoes with the chipotle peppers until smooth. Stir into the pot with 3 cups of water.
- Combine the remaining 1 cup water with the flour in a jar and shake to combine. Pour into the chili and stir in the vinegar. Simmer about 45 minutes before serving.