If we may recommend one casserole as a kind of guaranteed stick-to-your-ribs dish, packed with classic ingredients and flavors, then this french onion chicken bake will be at the top of our list. Watching this bubble and brown in the oven is just about as close to glorious as it gets! Our family absolutely loves this casserole, and there’s barely any cleaning to do after because everyone has licked their plates clean! When the weather starts to cool, this is one recipe we know will warm up hungry bellies.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 oz) tub french onion dip
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 oz) can refrigerated biscuits
- ¼ cup french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine chicken, soup, french onion dip, and cheese in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters then fold into chicken mixture. Transfer chicken and biscuit mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with french fried onions.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown.