- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Frozen whipped topping
- Bake pie crust according to packaging instructions
- Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, sugar and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer, then stir in cornstarch slurry. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and pour half of mixture into a large bowl.
- Place chocolate chips in a separate, heat-proof bowl, and microwave in 20-second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Once melted, fold melted chocolate into bowl with half coconut pudding mixture, stirring until fully blended.
- Pour chocolate into prepped pie crust, then place pie in refrigerator for 5 minutes to let set.
- Remove from fridge and gently pour coconut pudding layer on top of chocolate, smoothing into an even layer on top.
- Top with frozen whipped topping, if desired, then place in fridge to set.
- Slice, serve and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Freckles In April