When it comes to healthy eating, dessert is our downfall. We’ve never fully been able to kick our sweet tooth, so even when we’re right on track in regards to eating nutrient-rich foods, we still find ourselves wanting a little something sweet as a way to round things out. While those cravings might have derailed our meal plans of yore, we’ve now armed ourselves with a bunch of healthy, go-to recipes for when we want a treat, but don’t want to sacrifice our health. Like this almond butter fudge!
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine almond butter and coconut oil and stir until combined and smooth.
- Stir in honey or preferred natural sweetener, then remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and sea salt, if using.
- Pour fudge into silicone molds (optional), filling each only halfway, then freeze until set.
- Remove from molds and enjoy!