8. Sexual. Many people with MS report problems related to intercourse. WebMD states that women have more trouble with vaginal dryness and men have trouble with erections. Both have problems with orgasms due to the disease affecting the nerves.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a medical problem where the body’s immune system attacks the protective covers of the nerves. This causes communication between the brain and the body to break down.
Like many diseases, the symptoms are numerous and not every person exhibits all the symptoms. Although no cure for MS exists at the moment, early treatment may help sufferers recover more quickly from an attack. Here are 6+ symptoms that could be early warning signs of MS.
1. Numbness. A very common symptom is numbness, weakness or tingling in one or more limbs. The Mayo Clinic states the numbness and weakness may affect one side or the other or the legs.
2. Gait issues. According to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, because of problems with dizziness, stiffness, balance and vision, those who suffer from MS may find that their gait is off and walking is difficult.
3. Dizziness. Although MS sufferers do not have vertigo, WebMD states that those with MS report feeling light headed or that the room is spinning.
4. Vision problems. Numerous vision changes may be a problem, according to the Mayo Clinic. A person may have partial or complete loss of vision in one eye at a time. He or she may suffer from involuntary eye movement or have double vision occur.
5. Stiffness. According to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, a feeling of stiffness in the muscles and joints and unexpected muscle spasms may be experienced by MS patients.
6. Bowel control. WebMD states that some may find that they need to urinate more often than normal or suffer from constipation.
7. Fatigue. Unnatural fatigue, especially for a person who is generally active, may be an indication that MS is lurking, says the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
9. Cognitive. According to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, many who suffer from MS have problems with high-level thinking, memory and learning knew things.
If you suspect MS is afflicting yourself or someone you know, get it diagnosed quickly and begin treatments.