- 1 c of granulated sugar
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 t salt, I used table salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c butter, melted (Kerrygold is my favorite)
- zest of one medium lemon
- 1 1/2 c fresh blueberries, washed
- Spray the inside of a loaf pan with cooking spray. I like this coconut oil spray.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add all of the dry ingredients; granulated sugar, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Use a zester and grate into the dry ingredients bowl the zest of the entire lemon. If you don’t want a lot of lemon flavor you can just do half or less.
- If you don’t have a lemon you can certainly do lemon extract instead.
- Use a spoon to mix those dry ingredients and zest together.
- Set the bowl aside.
- In a small bowl, crack and whisk your eggs.
- Add in the milk and whisk it into the eggs.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the flour mixture. Begin to combine it.
- Now you can add the melted butter. I don’t like to add melted butter into the eggs because you do not want it to cook the eggs, ideally. If you want to add the butter to the egg and milk mixture you can, but just be mindful especially if it is really hot butter.
- Combine the batter. I like to just use a large wooden spoon.
- Now that all of this is combined it will be easy to gently fold the fresh blueberries in. Be gentle you don’t want to smash the berries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan and pop it in the oven for sixty minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 239TOTAL FAT: 9gSATURATED FAT: 5gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 3gCHOLESTEROL: 52mgSODIUM: 306mgCARBOHYDRATES: 37gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 19gPROTEIN: 4g