My Favorite Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1⁄2cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2cup butter flavor shortening
- 1cup white sugar
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1cup creamy peanut butter
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add the eggs and blend well. Add the peanut butter and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients until well blended.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Using a fork, make a crisscross pattern in each cookie.
- Bake at 375º for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. Leave the cookies on the sheets for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.