The consumption of low carb foods is very effective and popular dieting strategy when it comes to weight loss. Any food that is less than one carb per serving is listed as zero carb food according to USDA standards.
There are quite a number of foods that have low carbs but the foods with zero carbs are much more limited. The best way to actively LOSE weight is to try to stay under 20 net carbs per day.
BELOW IS THE LIST WITH FOODS THAT HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CARBS BASED ON THE NATIONAL NUTRIENT DATABASE PUBLISHED BY THE US DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE.
- Cow beef and veal
- Fowl – turkey, chicken, duck, goose, cornish hen, quail, etc.
- Seafood – mollusks such as clams and oysters
- Seafood – shellfish such as lobster, shrimp, squid, and crab
- Seafood – all other types of freshwater and saltwater fish, such as catfish, bass, salmon, tuna, trout, flounder, halibut
- Game meats such as deer (venison), bison, ostrich, caribou, etc.
- Organs of animals, such as heart, tongue, kidneys, brain, liver, etc.
Be aware that processed meats such as sausages. hot dogs, etc. can have hidden carbs due to their additives. Be sure to check the packaging :
- Various oils such as olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, soybean oil, corn oil, peanut oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil
- Whole olives
- Ground cinnamon
- Many hot sauces
- Mixed seasonings, such as Mrs. Dash
- Yellow mustard
- Animal fats including lard and fish oil
- Vegetable shortening
- Butter substitutes like margarine
- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Muenster cheese
- Camembert cheese
- American pasteurized processed cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Regular mayonnaise
- Zero-carb beverages such as sodas
- Butterhead lettuce
- Artificial sweeteners
- Dry gelatin
- Gin, rum, vodka, whiskey
- Water, coffee, and tea if nothing is added
This list could be a great start in stocking your low-carb kitchen.