This cajun cake is so flavorful and EASY to make! This old fashioned cake is complete with crushed pineapple, toasted coconut, and pecans.
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 2 TSP baking soda
- 1 15 oz. can crushed pineapple undrained
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 1 C shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar and baking soda.
- Mix in pineapple and eggs until combined.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Begin icing while the cake is baking, heat butter, sugar and milk to a boil stirring often.
- Add in vanilla, coconut and pecans then boil for about 2-3 minutes while still stirring often.
- Once cake is out of the oven and cooled to warm temp pour icing over the cake until completely covered.
- Allow cake to set for about 30 minutes to maybe an hour.
- Cut and enjoy!