Make Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce Recipe at home in just 20 minutes! Pair it with Fettuccine for an easy dinner idea the whole family will love!
-Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce recipe is made with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses, however you can also incorporate Mozzarella, Gruyere, Gouda, or Asiago. You can also just use Parmesan.
-You can use half and half instead of half heavy cream/half milk.
–If you only have evaporated milk, just use half the amount of milk and replace the other half with water. You won’t compromise flavor or consistency by doing this in creamy sauces like this one.
- 6 Tablespoons butter, high quality
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups milk, any kind
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated and at room temperature
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated and at room temperature
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. Fettuccine
- Parsley, to garnish
- Boil the fettuccine according to package instructions. As the water preheats, begin the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Whisk in the flour. Gradually add the heavy cream, then the milk, whisking constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low once the sauce begins to bubble. It will continue to thicken as it simmers.
- Slowly sprinkle in the cheeses, continuing to whisk.
- Drain the pasta and carefully mix it into the sauce until well incorporated. The pasta will absorb the sauce an it will get thicker still.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve!