This Pepper Jack Meatloaf is absolutely delicious. Especially if you like the flavor of Pepper Jack Cheese.
This Pepper Jack Meatloaf delivers a kick! Meatloaf is probably the ultimate comfort food. Adults and kids love it alike. Probably because it tastes like a hamburger without the bun. Or maybe because it’s so easy to make and can serve the whole family.
If a spicy meatloaf is not your thing, make sure you check out my other Meatloaf recipes here. You especially need to check out my Sweet Ketchup Meatloaf.
I have several other gourmet meatloaf recipes on this site but this one quickly become one of my favorite meatloaves to make. My wife is not a big fan of red meat but she said this was her favorite so far!
What I especially like about this meatloaf is there aren’t too many spices to overwhelm the meat so you get to really taste the pepper jack cheese.
- 1 Egg(s)
- 1 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese, Shredded
how to make this recipe
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add the ground beef to the mixture and mix well. Press half of the beef mixture into the bottom of a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the pepper jack cheese over meat to within 1/2 inch of sides. Press remaining beef mixture over cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over meatloaf and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let meatloaf stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa if desired.