I have a few tricks that make these the best soft chocolate chip cookies that you’ll ever try. With hundreds of positive reviews from bakers around the world, I’m confident you’ll fall in love with this chocolate chip cookie recipe too. Chilling the cookie dough is imperative and cornstarch makes them extra soft and thick!
Chocolate chip cookies are a household favorite, a timeless classic, an unparalleled snack, warm, cold, dunked in milk, in dough form, or in baked form. No one can resist the comfort of a chocolate chip cookie and everyone has their favorite recipe whether it’s on the back of the yellow Toll House bag or scribbled in your grandmother’s recipe book.
Heck, I even have separate recipes for crispy chocolate chip cookies and chewy chocolate chip cookies!
Like many of you, I’ve searched far and wide for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe: the best chocolate chip cookies, a recipe I can bake again and again for years. I’ve lost sleep, I’ve burnt dough, I’ve tested and retested and retested… and retested countless times. And I’m so happy to report that I finally found a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I’ll treasure for years. And I know you’ll enjoy these cookies too!
- 1/2 Cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Cup semi-sweet Toll House chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat your butter for about 15 seconds so it’s half melted and half soft.
- Mix in your granulated and brown sugar until creamy.
- Lightly mix in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in your flour and baking soda.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Roll into cookie dough balls and bake for 10-12 minutes, do not over cook (I take mine out at the 10 minute timer).