Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf with green bell peppers, onions and mushrooms topped and stuffed with Provolone Cheese.
Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf is officially our new favorite meatloaf in our house. We’ve been on an everything Philly Cheesesteak kick through the summer and this meatloaf is just replacing our previous favorites.
We have a go-to meatloaf recipe we’ve used for years and a bacon cheeseburger meatloaf (this is coming in the fall). This recipe is 100% better than that one and I LOVE that one. So take that recommendation as seriously as you want. 😉
Ways to enjoy this Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf recipe:
- Enjoy as you normally would or you can bake in smaller loaf pans.
- Top with Cheez Whiz instead of Provolone for your loaf pan.
- Let it cool completely in the fridge, cut thick slices and sear in a super hot pan with a pat of butter.
- Take the seared slices and add to sandwiches/hoagie rolls.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped (optional) family loves them I hate them
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs (regular, italian style or panko)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Adobo seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices of mozzarella OR provolone cheese (i used mozz) (Thick CUT)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium skillet sauté the diced onion & peppers in oil until tender & soft.
- Once peppers and onions are cooked, you then mix them in with the rest of the ingredients, including meat & milk – (except sliced cheese) in a large mixing bowl. Work mixture with your hands until fully incorporated.
- Lightly spray a loaf pan with pam spray or butter or even olive oil, then take exactly HALF of the mixture & place into the prepared loaf pan
- Top it with 4 slices of your choice of cheese
- Place the remaining meat mixture on top of the cheese BUT reserving the last 4 slices, set those aside
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven, top with the last 4 slices, sprinkle with parsley then put back into the oven for a remaining 10-15 minutes OR until the cheese is melted to your liking (i like mine a bit crispy)
- Let stand a few minutes before removing from the pan, then serve.
If you like this recipe,You might also like:😍