The recipe for these easy Philly Cheese Steak Sliders is so quick and easy to make, you’ll be impressed! Thin slices of steak cooked with peppers, mushrooms, and onion, added to Hawaiin buns and coated with a garlic butter seasoning.
A Philly Cheese Steak is a sandwich that originates and has its roots in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (that’s where it gets its name from). The sandwich is made with thinly sliced beefsteak and melted provolone cheese. Often peppers, mushrooms, and onion are added to the steak. I love the combination and we often make the sandwiches or order them when we are out and about.
As wonderful as the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches are, they aren’t all that great for parties. These sliders take everything that is so wonderful about the sandwich and make them into mini portions. Perfect for families with little children or parties!
Let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 pound of fresh shaved steak
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of ground garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 – 12 pack of sweet bread buns
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme (not ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pan, heat oil and add in onions and green peppers. Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until peppers and onions have softened.
- Next, add shaved steak, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Cook steak, breaking it apart with two forks to prevent steak from clumping. Cook until the steak is no longer red. Set pan to the side.
- Slice sweet rolls in half horizontally, while keeping the 12 pack of buns intact. Place onto a baking sheet. Spread steak mixture over the bottom half of the buns, evenly. Top with cheese slices and the top half of the buns.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, dried thyme, and Worcestershire sauce together. Brush butter mixture generously over the top of the buns.
- Place sliders in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes or until the top of the buns are golden and the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy