Back to Top
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought (plus extra dough for decorating, optional)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and browned (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º F and roll out pie crust to a 12 or 13-inch circle, big enough to fit a springform pan or tart or pie dish.
- Gently place dough in pan, pressing into the bottom and sides of pan and trimming excess.
- Optional: cut out pie dough flowers or other designs to decorate crust later.
- Place pie dish in fridge until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy and fluffy, then beat in browned butter.
- Once combined, beat in brown and white sugar until sugar granules are dissolved.
- Sprinkle in flour, cinnamon and salt, then stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Once fully incorporated, fold in pecans, then pour mixture into pie crust.
- Decorate pie crust with any pecans or cut outs you made earlier.
- Place pie pan in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until center is just set and no longer jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.