Spiced coffee cake with pumpkin and walnuts, drizzled in a spiced brown butter glaze. The perfect way to start a fall morning!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME50 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour
- For the Cake:
- 1 spice cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2-2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- For the Brown Butter Spice Glaze:
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (I added a little more to thicken mine up a bit)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Preheat oven to 350, spray your bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cake ingredients together (minus the walnuts) on low in your mixer until combined, then on high for two minutes. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake a cool slightly.
- To prepare glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, stirring constantly. Butter will begin to brown and become fragrant and amber in color. It’s done, be careful not to let it burn. Remove from heat and add in vanilla. Whisk in powdered sugar, spices and milk, adding more sugar if you want it a little thicker. Drizzle over warm (not hot) cake.
Original Recipe from Our Good Life: Pumpkin Gingerbread Coffee Cake
YIELD: 16 SERVING SIZE: 1 Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 287TOTAL FAT: 12gSATURATED FAT: 4gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 7gCHOLESTEROL: 45mgSODIUM: 284mgCARBOHYDRATES: 43gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 25gPROTEIN: 4g
Nutrition isn’t always accurate.