Our love for pies is strong, as you’ve probably gathered by now, but we didn’t really realize just how excited we could get about a new (to us) discovery. Perfectly imperfect, chunky graham cracker crust, lightly sweetened cream cheese filling, topped with a jewel-colored, homemade raspberry jam layer…this raspberry cream pie is almost too good to be true!
- 2 cups (about 1 sleeve) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Raspberry Topping:
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water, divided
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º F and lightly grease a deep, 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter until mixture resembles damp sand. Press mixture into greased pie pan, then place in oven and bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and salt, then whisk in 1/2 cup water.
- Once everything is combined, whisk in remaining water, corn syrup and raspberries. Cook, stirring continuously, until thickened, making sure mixture does not come to a boil.
- Once thickened, remove mixture from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in softened frozen whipped topping and powdered sugar until combined, then beat in vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Spread cream cheese filling over cooled graham cracker crust, then carefully pour or spoon raspberry topping on top of cream cheese layer.
- Smooth into an even layer and place in refrigerator to set. 2-4 hours.
Recipe adapted from Life In The Lofthouse