“The idea of rocky road is pretty much that: piles of rocky goodies all coated and glued together with chocolate that doesn’t crack when you bite into it (thanks to coconut oil). So although I have used some fairly gourmet ingredients here, don’t feel locked into that. Just go with what you have in the cupboard that you think will go well together!”
- 14 ounces ruby chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 shortbread cookies (such as Walkers(R)), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package marshmallows, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 ounces candied flowers
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- Grease a small baking sheet and line it with waxed paper.
- Place ruby chocolate, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on full power until melted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and stir vigorously with a silicone spatula. Press any remaining solid pieces of chocolate into the hot liquid until melted.
- Add shortbread cookies, marshmallows, pistachios, almonds, candied flowers, raspberries, and coconut flakes to the chocolate mixture. Stir gently until fully coated.
- Spread mixture on the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours. Cut into squares using a really sharp knife.