Shredded chicken breast and broccoli cooked with noodles in a light creamy sauce topped with toasted breadcrumbs. A simple dish the whole family will love, even the little ones!
This is an inexpensive dish, you can make this ahead, then top it with the breadcrumbs and put it in the oven 20 minutes before you are ready for dinner.
I have a great tip I’ve talked about before but if you are new here you will love this!
I buy chicken breast in bulk because it’s less expensive. When I get home from the store I separate the chicken placing some in my refrigerator to use right away, I take a portion and place them in freezer bags to freeze for the future and I set two or three chicken breasts aside and throw them in my crock pot. I pour some water over them and 4-6 hours later I have perfect shredded chicken to use in other recipes though out the week such as enchiladas, chicken salad, stuffed peppers, or whatever! A great way to save time in the kitchen and only takes minutes to do.
Let’s get to the recipe.
- 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 packages (10 ounce) frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounce) 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup non-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Italian-flavored dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked chicken and broccoli.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the soup, milk and lemon juice. Add this to the chicken and broccoli and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheddar. Toss the bread crumbs and parmesan together and sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly.