Fall is my thang, man. I love it. Mostly because it means that I can bust out all of my favorite recipes that require cranking up the oven. Nobody likes a hot oven in summer. Nobody.
You’re probably going to want to bust out your elastic pants because this Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole is going to make your tummy very happy. We couldn’t get enough of this one.
- 1lb cooked extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 can of sloppy joe sauce (manwich) 398ml
- ⅔ cup light shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 7.5oz can of pillsbury biscuits (In the 4 value pack, you can use bigger biscuits and weigh out or increase points)
- 1.5 Tbsp melted reduced calorie margarine
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Cook your ground beef and onions on the stove in a pan, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9 inch square dish.
- Add your sauce to your meat and simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Pour meat mixture into your dish, top with cheese.
- Place 9 of your 10 biscuit dough pieces on top of mixture, you will have 1 extra biscuit.
- Bake in oven for 14 minutes. Just before the time is up, melt margarine and add diced garlic and oregano. Remove dish from oven and using a small spoon drizzle your garlic butter over top of all your biscuits.
- Return to oven for 6-8 minutes, until your biscuits are a golden brown. Makes 9 servings at 7 freestyle smart points or 5PP.