What I Love about this recipe:
Chocolate Chip M&M cookies: the chocolate chips in this M&M recipe really take it to a whole other level! I like to use mini chocolate chips rather than regular so they don’t take away from the real star of the show.
Freezer friendly: I love to keep a batch in the freezer (see instructions below)
Versatile: Replace the M&M’s with various colors or other candies depending on the holiday or season!
How to Make M&M Cookies:
1. Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
2. Combine wet ingredients: Cream butter and sugars very well then add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Mix together. Gradually mix sugar mixture with the flour and mix until combined. Stir in M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- ▢2 cups all-purpose flour
- ▢1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ▢1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ▢1/2 teaspoon salt
- ▢3/4 cups butter , softened
- ▢1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ▢3/4 cups light brown sugar , firmly packed
- ▢1 eggs , room temperature
- ▢1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ▢1 cups mini chocolate chips
- ▢1 cup m&m’s
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silplat mat.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Add butter, sugar and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer and beat well until creamed together.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in the flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and m&m’s.
- Scoop dough into large balls (about 3 Tablespoons) and place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges (Do not over bake.)
- Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely