- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk or 2 %
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two loaf pans or two 9 inches cake pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp butter
Note: you can adjust the cocoa powder according to your preference. If you want a lighter version, remove about 2 tbsp .
- Combine all ingredients except butter in a large sauce pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thick.
- Turn off heat.
- Add butter and stir until butter is melted..
- Cool for a bit and drizzle over the cake until cake is fully covered.
- Slice, serve and enjoy.