“My boyfriend flipped over these. They are easy enough that you can add or skimp on ingredients and they are virtually fool proof. Add sweet or spicy at your leisure. This is a surefire hit!”
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- wooden skewers
- Combine brown sugar, lemon juice, molasses, basil, vegetable oil, mustard, honey, clove, ranch dressing, chili powder, and garlic in a large bowl. Toss in shrimp to coat, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in hot water to prevent burning on the grill.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Thread shrimp tightly on to skewers. Cook on the top rack of the grill for approximately 4 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink on one side. Flip shrimp and cook for an additional 2 to 4 minutes, or until there are no signs of grey. Use a fork to remove shrimp from the skewers.