Recipe By:Jules B.
“A lovely multi-season tart using fresh figs, pistachios, lemon zest, and a hint of vanilla.”
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for decorating
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 8 fresh figs
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray four 3 3/4 inch (9.5 centimeter) tart pans with cooking spray.
- In food processor, process nuts and vanilla bean to a fine texture. Sift flour and confectioner’s sugar together, and add to nuts; pulse to combine. Add egg, egg white, butter, brandy, and lemon zest. Pulse to combine. Slice 6 figs into 3/4 inch (2 centimeter) thick slices, and stir into batter. Divide batter into tart pans. Cut remaining figs into thin slices, and arrange over batter in each tart pan.
- Bake until tarts are set and golden brown, about 40 minutes. When cool, sprinkle with additional confectioner’s sugar.