Easy Mexican Casserole has been a family favorite at our house for years. This recipe is hearty, filling and full of great ingredients! Adding a salad to this makes a full meal. Did I mention this is EASY to make?
Easy Mexican Casserole
One way I can save some time is to put this easy Mexican casserole together in the morning before I head out to work. Then when I get home I can just throw it in the oven and bake. Dinner will be on the table in no time!
Easy to Adapt too!
One thing I love about this recipe is that it is really easy to adapt for picky eaters. If your family doesn’t like beans you could leave those out and add more beef. Simple!
I will warn you that flour tortillas do NOT work good in this recipe. I have tried it….and they get too soggy. Yuck.
What are some of your favorite family recipes? If you are looking to lower your calories be sure and check out this delicious Weight Watchers Chicken Enchilada Bake! If you want something really fun try these Carne Asada Fries…YUMMY!!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 15 ounce can ranch-style beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 12 ounce package corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips on the side if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain excess fat if desired.
- After beef is browned, add taco seasoning, beans, diced tomatoes/green chilies, and soup. Mix well and heat.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, cover bottom of the dish with about a cup of meat mixture.
- Top this mixture with a single layer of corn tortillas.
- Put 1/2 of the remaining meat mixture on top of the tortilla layer and then cover with cheese.
- Repeat a layer of corn tortillas.
- Place remaining meat mixture on top and finish off with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve with tortilla chips if desired.