Recipe and Photo by Diane Atherton
Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 8 to 10
5 lb idaho potatoes, peel and cubed
1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
5 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/4 c sweet pickle cubes or relish
1/2 c dill pickle cubes or relish
1 stalk(s) celery, diced, optional
salt and pepper to taste
1.5-2 c hellman’s mayonnaise
1.5-2 Tbsp mustard
paprika, for garnish, optional
1 hard boiled egg, sliced, for garnish, optional
1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes; place in a 5 quart pot, cover with water (I add some salt to water); boil for approximately 7 to 8 minutes (time may vary so check for firmness around 5 to 6 minutes, don’t over cook and don’t under cook, you don’t want mashed potato salad and you don’t want under cooked potatoes; drain and rinse in cold water; drain well.
2. While potatoes are draining and cooling off; combine chopped onion and eggs; set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine pickles, celery, salt and pepper, mustard and mayonnaise.
4. Once potatoes are cooled; add chopped onion and eggs; fold together gently; add mayonnaise mixture and combine gently with other ingredients; if salad seems like you don’t need all the mayonnaise mixture; don’t use it all, if salad seems to dry, add additional mayonnaise.
5. Garnish top with sliced boiled eggs and sprinkle with paprika if desired.
6. NOTE: This was an excellent choice for a side to go with https://www.justapinch.com/recipe/diane-smith/sweet-jalapeno-bourbon-ribs-dee-dees/pork and https://www.justapinch.com/recipe/diane-smith/sweet-cheese-biscuits-dee-dees/biscuits.
7. Pretty good with Crock Pot BBQ Chicken and some baked beans on the side…yum!!
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!